When I was in the 3rd grade, Mrs. Wheatley, my teacher, gave my mother a warning. She said, “Mrs. Snipes, we just can’t let his imagination run off with him.” My mom didn’t heed that warning . . . and it’s the reason why I still daydream today!
One of my favorite daydream scenarios might actually involve you.
Here’s what I mean:
I love science fiction, especially stories about time travel!
What if I were a time traveler from the not-too-distant future, sent on a mission back to this decade? Let’s imagine that I’ve been here for a few years now, so I’ve blended in very well. (I know it’s not real, but humor me for a moment!) 🙂
But what if the mission I was sent on involves you?
Let’s imagine that where I’m from, your creative endeavors have already grown and have been the key to lives being impacted, prayers being answered, and people being changed.
You just don’t know it right now.
- You’re not really sure you have what it takes, but you know it’s a passion you can’t ignore.
- You’re frustrated because you know you have talent, but you don’t know what you should be doing with it.
- Who am I? (Am I really a writer? Am I really an artist, teacher, musician, etc.?)
- Why am I here?
- What should I be doing? (What’s the purpose for my talent?)
This is what my session at Write2Ignite will tackle head on. The session is based on my book, God’s 7 Keys for Creative People. We will discuss:
- How to know your creative identity.
- Why your talent is important to God . . . and significant to the enemy!
- Why it’s not too late to pursue your creative dreams.
- How to stay creative, even with a schedule that doesn’t allow you to!
I’m so looking forward to meeting you in person at the Write2Ignite conference! In the meantime, here’s a super short video clip to give you a better idea about what I plan to share during my session: God’s 7 Keys for Creative People—2016 (from Tony Snipes on Vimeo).