~ 2019 Write2Ignite Picture Book Contest ~ PART I
FICTION PICTURE BOOKS (age 4-8)
NON-FICTION PICTURE BOOKS (age 5-10)
PRIZE PACKAGE: Each winner will receive a free detailed critique from Write2Ignite, a plaque, free admission into our September conference, bragging rights, and a boost of confidence! Prize valued at $200. We will announce the winners’ names and story titles on our website, Facebook, and Twitter. All entrants will receive free access to a live instructional writing webinar hosted by Write2Ignite planned for July.
Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: proper age range, 1000 words or less, professionalism of editing and formatting, creativity, language, marketability, stellar writing, and a Christian worldview.
CONTEST RULES: Any original, unpublished piece not accepted by any publisher at the time of submission is eligible. An “unpublished piece” means not published anywhere including nothing posted on your own blog or someone else’s, or published in a magazine or book. We want you to write, stretch, and learn how to carefully follow submission guidelines!
• Each entry must be accompanied by a non-refundable entry fee of $20.
• You can enter as many times as you wish, but each manuscript must be entered individually with its own reading fee.
• Entering this contest means you acknowledge and agree that Write2ignite may read aloud and (kindly) critique all winning entries during the webinar held after the deadline. In addition, any positive comments made in the chat or about the webinar may be used as testimonials.
• The contest is open to writers 13 years old and up.
• Current and past leadership team members are not eligible.
• All manuscript submissions must be submitted by MAY 31, 2019.
• Manuscripts should be text only and may not include illustrations or photographs.
• We cannot stress strongly enough how important it is to proofread your entry. Carefully go over everything. Make sure you’re following these rules, just as you would have to follow a publisher’s submission guidelines!
• We reserve the right not to award a prize if an insufficient number of entries has been received.
JUDGES: All entries will be read by faculty and editorial staff members of Write2ignite, TBA. Winners will be notified by email by July 1 if not sooner.
Once the winners are announced, all entries are released for submission elsewhere.
More details will follow! Get started writing your picture book manuscripts, and watch for PB Contest Part II: Submission Guidelines and Payment of Entry Fee!