Cheri Cowell, Author and Founder of EA Books Publishing, is offering a writing contest and publication opportunity open only to those who register for and attend the September 21-22, 2018 Write2Ignite Conference. Participants who attend the full conference (i.e., both Friday and Saturday attendance verified by W2I) may submit ONE written work on the theme of “Faith & Freedom” — fiction, nonfiction, or poetry – for entry in a writing contest to be judged by editors of EA Books Publishing. Contest deadline is August 20, 2018. Attendance will be verified before winners are announced.
In keeping with Write2Ignite Conference’s primary mission of producing Christian worldview materials for children and young adults, the anthology volume’s theme of “Faith & Freedom” will include stories by, about, and/or for children and youth of various ages as well as content for more general or adult readers.
Contest award: Twenty to twenty-five authors will be chosen to have their work published by EA Books Publishing in an anthology (a print book) entitled Faith and Freedom. Authors will be able to purchase books at a reduced rate and keep the profit from their sales.
- Open only to unpublished authors (“unpublished” defined as follows: the writer can have articles, blogs, or online content published, either paid or unpaid, but not a traditionally published book or inclusion in another published anthology).
- Contestant must be registered for the full 2018 Write2Ignite Conference–not open to single-day attendees. Both adult and teen participants are eligible to enter.
- Only those who follow the full submission guidelines will be considered
- Only one submission per person registered for the conference
- Submission may be one of the following genres: a short story, article, devotional, or poem
- 300-1000 word limit
- Include a 50-word bio at the end of your submission. At the top of the first page of the submission, place a title and your name with contact information (email, address, and phone number) (This page heading is not included in submission word count total).
- Standard manuscript format (Times New Roman, 12-pt font, double spaced, 1 inch margins, Microsoft Word doc or docx)
- Submissions must be submitted via email attachment to email@example.com midnight August 20, 2018 and include W2I in the subject line.
• Criteria: Those that best reflect the theme, Faith & Freedom, who meet submission guidelines, and represent the best writing of a new author, will be chosen for inclusion in the book. Winners will be announced during the conference.