A paid critique service is an invaluable tool when working towards becoming the best writer you can be. You will receive a thorough review of the strengths and weaknesses of your writing, suggestions for improvement, and ideas for potential markets for your work. However, no one can guarantee publication of your work.
Write2Ignite offers two different types of critiques:
2 For 1 CRITIQUES
Are you looking for some new input on a manuscript? Write2Ignite! offers you two separate (but simultaneous) critiques of one manuscript from two of our Team members for only $45.
Email Brenda Covert at firstname.lastname@example.org for complete instructions. Include in the subject line of your email “Two4One Critique.”
*Write2Ignite! reserves the right to refuse manuscripts that are not formatted correctly or contain content that may be regarded as offensive or inappropriate for Christian markets.
If you sign up for a critique at a Write2Ignite! Conference, you will receive a written one-page critique or comments written on your pages and a 15-minute private appointment with a conference presenter. SPECIAL NOTE – Only registered conferees may submit a manuscript for critique by conference presenters. Both adults and teens can submit work for a critique.
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
1. Format your manuscript. Type all manuscripts in double-spaced, standard manuscript format. Include your name, title and page number on each page of your manuscript pages.
2. Choose from any of the following categories:
- Young Adult Novel – Can include cover letter to editor, chapter outline/synopsis, and/or the first pages of the manuscript, up to 10 pages TOTAL.
- Middle Grade Novel – Can include cover letter to editor, chapter outline/synopsis, and/or the first pages of the manuscript, up to 10 pages TOTAL.
- Non-Fiction Book – Can include cover letter to editor, chapter outline/synopsis, and/or the first pages of the manuscript up to 10 pages TOTAL.
- Picture Book – Complete manuscript up to 1500 words
- Early Reader/Chapter Book – First chapters up to 10 pages
- Nonfiction Article – 1,200 word limit
- Short Story – 1,200 word limit
- Poetry – Five poems equal one critique, 40-line limit for each poem.
- Devotional – 500-word limit each, up to four devotionals per paid critique.
- Curriculum – A table of contents and 2-5 chapters; up to 10 pages.
- Activity Book/Pages– Up to 10 pages