A paid critique service is an invaluable tool when working towards becoming the best writer you can be. A member of our faculty will review your manuscript; however, no one can guarantee publication of your work. They will give you a thorough review of the strengths and weaknesses of your writing, offer suggestions for improvement, and help you identify potential markets.
If you sign up for a critique at Write2Ignite!, you will receive a written one-page critique or comments written on your pages and a 15-minute private appointment with your reviewer. SPECIAL NOTE – Only registered conferees may submit a manuscript for critique by conference presenters. Both adults and teens can submit work for a critique.
Please note: Reviewers have a limited number of entries they can critique, and slots fill up quickly!
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: MARCH 20, 2016
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
1. Format your manuscript. Type all manuscripts in double-spaced, standard manuscript format. Include your name, title and page number on each page of your manuscript pages.
2. Choose from any of the following categories:
- Young Adult Novel – Can include cover letter to editor, chapter outline/synopsis, and/or the first pages of the manuscript, up to 10 pages TOTAL.
- Middle Grade Novel – Can include cover letter to editor, chapter outline/synopsis, and/or the first pages of the manuscript, up to 10 pages TOTAL.
- Non-Fiction Book – Can include cover letter to editor, chapter outline/synopsis, and/or the first pages of the manuscript up to 10 pages TOTAL.
- Picture Book – Complete manuscript up to 1500 words
- Early Reader/Chapter Book – First chapters up to 10 pages
- Nonfiction Article – 1,200 word limit
- Short Story – 1,200 word limit
- Poetry – Five poems equal one critique, 40-line limit for each poem.
- Devotional – 500-word limit each, up to four devotionals per paid critique.
- Curriculum – A table of contents and 2-5 chapters; up to 10 pages.
- Activity Book/Pages– Up to 10 pages
3. Look through the faculty list below and make your top two choices for critiquing your work.
- Samantha Bell – Picture Books and Nonfiction Articles
- Daniel Blackaby – Short Stories, Nonfiction Books, Middle Grade, and YA
- Cheri Cowell – Nonfiction Books or Articles, Short Stories, Devotionals, and Curriculum
- Bonnie Rose Hudson – Curriculum and Activity Books
- Andrea Merrell – Devotions, Fiction, Short Stories, and Nonfiction
- Amy Parker – picture books, early reader chapter books, and activity pages
- Kim Peterson – Picture Books, Early Reader/Chapter Books, Middle Grade, YA, Short Stories, Poetry, Nonfiction Articles, and Devotionals
4. EMAIL your faculty choices, the type of work, and your manuscript to Brenda Covert at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your critique will be forwarded to the reviewer after payment is received. When submitting, please place this in the subject line: W2I CRITIQUE .
5. Send in your payment. The CRITIQUE FEE is $35 for each entry. Payment must be made before the critiques will be sent to your chosen reviewer.