According to author and founder Cheri Cowell, EA Books Publishing will offer a writing contest and publication opportunity open only to those who register for and attend the September 21–22, 2018, Write2Ignite Conference. Participants who attend the conference both Friday and Saturday may submit one entry on the theme of “Faith and Freedom”—fiction, nonfiction, or poetry—for a writing contest to be judged by editors of EA Books Publishing.
Contest award: Twenty to twenty-five authors will be chosen to have their work published by EA Books Publishing in a print anthology entitled Faith and Freedom. Authors will be able to purchase books at a reduced rate and keep the profit from their sales.
In keeping with Write2Ignite Conference’s primary mission of producing Christian worldview materials for children and young adults, the anthology will include stories by, about, and/or for children and youth of various ages as well as content for more general or adult readers.
- Open only to unpublished authors (“Unpublished” is defined as follows: the writer can have articles, blogs, or online content published, either paid or unpaid, but cannot have a traditionally published book or inclusion in another published anthology.)
- Each contestant must be registered for the full 2018 Write2Ignite Conference. The contest is not open to single-day attendees. Both adult and Teen Track participants are eligible to enter.
- Only those who follow the full submission guidelines will be considered.
- Only one submission per person registered for the conference
- Genres accepted: short story, article, devotional, or poem
- 300–1000 word limit
- Include a 50-word bio at the end of your submission. At the top of the first page of the submission, place a title and your name with contact information (email, address, and phone number). (This page heading is not included in submission word count total.)
- Standard manuscript format (Times New Roman, 12-pt font, double spaced, 1-inch margins, Microsoft Word doc or docx)
- Submissions must be submitted via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on September 10, 2018.
- Include W2I in the subject line.
- Criteria: Those that best reflect the theme (Faith and Freedom), who meet submission guidelines, and represent the best writing of a new author, will be chosen for inclusion in the book. Winners will be announced during the conference.
What will you enter?
- Set your plans now for registration.
- Write your entry on the Faith and Freedom theme.
- Submit by the deadline on September 10, 2018!
- Attendance will be verified before winners are announced.
5 thoughts on “Writing Contest and Anthology Publication”
I have a picture book I would like to submit. However, I did not see PBs in the acceptables listing here?
Would a PB be accepted.
Hi, Cindy! Good to hear from you! Unfortunately, picture books aren’t accepted for this contest. You may submit one of the following: a short story, article, devotional, or poem.
If you’d like to submit your picture book elsewhere, literary agent Cyle Young is seeking literary submissions. You can find more details in the following message from him.
“Send me your best submissions. 🙂
My team is having an open submission period from May 1st-June 30th. Send your submissions to email@example.com.
“We are looking for children’s, MG, YA, and adult audience books for the general and Christian markets. Both nonfiction and fiction accepted.”
Hi! I was wondering if I copy an paste it on the email or grant access on docs
HI! I was wondering if I am supposed to copy and paste the submission to the email???
Hi, Ivy! Please attach your contest-entry document to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. No need to copy and paste. 🙂