Write2Ignite Master Class
Fiction for Children & Young Adults
We’re so excited you’re joining us for our first Write2Ignite Master Class on September 19, 2020, at North Greenville University featuring Master Author and Teacher Joyce Moyer Hostetter! Be sure to check out our other helpful resources to make the most of your experience. Below is the event schedule. As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to a Write2Ignite team member using our contact form.
Master Class Schedule
What to Expect From the Sessions
- Creating Memorable Characters — Tried and true strategies for creating characters.
- Plot Like a Pro — Structure and the power of conflict in creating a great plot.
- Dialogue and Point of View — Dialogue that works overtime and strategies to avoid head-hopping.
Suggestions for Preparing for the day
You can prepare for our upcoming master class by reading these chapters in Self-Editing for Fiction Writers:
- Characterization and Exposition
- Point of View
- Dialogue Mechanics
- Interior Monologue
- Easy Beats
Joyce will not be teaching from this book, but the material it covers will give you a great foundation for her lessons.
If you own one of the following books it will be helpful for you to read the indicated chapters to prepare for Joyce’s “Plot Like a Pro” session:
- Stein on Writing, chapters 6-10
- A Writer’s Guide to Crafting Stories for Children, chapter 9
- Writing Irresistible Kidlit, chapter 6
- The Magic Words, chapter 10
At Write2Ignite, we strive to create a constructive schedule of events that will help you increase your knowledge of writing Christian literature for children and young adults. Each of our events is created with you, the writer, in mind. We hope you’ll join us for this year’s Master Class at North Greenville University in the beautiful and inspiring Blue Ridge Mountains.